Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Natural Resources

I decided it was time to do it. I could not put it off any longer. If I did, our oldest would suffer in the morning. Knowing there would be absolutley no time tomorrow, I figured if I was gonna do it, I better do it tonight when Joe came home for dinner. I could just eat dinner when I got home, I decided. This was much more important than dining on the lovely bowtie pasta salad I made for dinner.
I dread it.

Wal Mart.
So many people.
So many temptations.
So many price increases.
Too few checkers working. Out of 30 registers, only 10 are staffed. Ever.
And I only had exaclty 20 minutes. Not including drive time and check out time.
This is a good thing. It requires passing by all the temptaions without a second glance. I was on a mission. I had a mental list of our immediate needs.
Milk. check
Eggs. check
Bread. check
Diapers. check
Chicken Nuggets (Lukas' first food group choice). check.
Baby Food. check.
Ground Beef. check.
misc fruits and veggies. check
Formula. check.
Cheerios (see past blog titled Brothes) check.
Mac N Cheese (Lukas' second food group choice). check.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (soul food item for tomorrow's meal) check.
Yogurt. check.
Bacon. (Lukas' third food group choice) check.
oh and one more thing:

Logan's Nursery Water. check.

This came in so handy when I came home to a tired baby. you know that feeling. Baby is fussing and you glance quickly at your surroundings. hmmmm.... what can i give him to entertain him, just for a few minutes. This turned out to be the perfect thing. It was too heavy for him to push over or away. He loved it and it occupied him just long enough for me to put the over-100-bucks-worth of groceries away. WOW. I remember when I could go to the store and by all the same things for 30 bucks less.
Oh well, at least the Nursery Water now serves two purposes!

1 comment:

aliandsander said...

The grocery store is getting way expensive- I agree! I love it when kids are easily entertained. I love to see pictures of your Logan, because he's doing things so similar to Lydia, just a month or so ahead. Fun stuff!