Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Lukas!

As I sit here typing, I can so easily recall what I was doing exactly six years ago at this moment. I was watching the movie Sweet Home Alabama. And timing contractions. Then, at about 3:30 the next morning this little guy came into the world:Lukas Daniel ~ 8lbs. 3oz. 21 inches. When I look at that picture my mind goes crazy. Has time really gone this fast? I cannot believe what that precious little baby has turned into. I have been blessed. Thank you Lord for children.

Lukas' first birthday.Another year older. Our Lukas at 3.Turning 4 and proud of it!Oh Lukas, how you remind me of your papa Dennis. This is Lukas turning 5.
And this is our oldest boy just yesterday. Celebrating his 6th birthday at The Villages Water Park (more pictures of that coming soon!). Lukas' aunt Jess made a very valid point today: She told Lukas that he hit a major milestone when he turned 6. Because that means now when he tells people how old he is he has to use two hands. Not just one. Wow. Dear Lukas, please don't hurry up and get older. The thought of you not being able to show people how old you are on two hands makes me sad. Thanks for understanding. Love, mama.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKAS. YOU ARE SO LOVED!

"Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep." Psalm 127:3-5 (The Message)

No comments: