Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Very Heavy Heart




















I just learned that my very good friend has breast cancer. It all happened so fast; regular mammogram last Thursday, biopsy Tuesday, diagnosis today.

Exactly one week later.

She is young. Beautiful. Faithful. Strong. Funny. Loving. Caring. She is a daughter. Sister. Aunt. Friend. She is a wife. She is a mom. Perhaps most importantly she is a lover of Christ. Her faith is strong and her love for the Lord is deep. I know He has a plan. I know He knew this would happen. I also know that He knows what is to come. I pray for her strength. I pray for her husband. I pray for her children. Her precious, precious children. I pray that they have comfort.

And I remember this:
No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. 1 Cor 10:13

No comments: