Monday, October 13, 2008

Tagged

My friend Chelsea tagged me. So here here I go:

1. Where was I ten years ago?

I was living in Hopkinton, MA (20 miles west of Boston) as a live-in nanny for the Gaffney family. I was just about to turn 21 (my friends Alyssa, Alison and Jesse will remember this well!) I had the three bestest friends in the world because they were in exactly the same position as I was: in a new place, living with weird families, caring for their silly kiddos and miles and miles from our own families. I was having the time of my life with these girls. Pretty much living care-free and shopping to our hearts desire, all the while exploring the abundant history that the east coast holds.

2. What was on my to-do list today?

Take my sweet boys to Stephanie's so I can work and my loving husband can get to his appointments. We have our very first parent/teacher conference with Lukas' teacher today - I am really looking forward to hearing what she has to say about our very active, outgoing, smart, funny and at times too wild, five year old! Also on my to-do list is to finish putting everything in its place after a long weekend of moving from our 1946, 2050 sq ft 4 bed/3bath, Azalea District home to our brand new 2008, 1200 sq ft, 3 bed/2 bath, Madison Apartment. Talk about a challenge! How are we gonna cram all our beloved belongings in there?!?

3. What would I do if I were a billionaire?

In no particular order: pay off ALL our debt. Get Lukas and Logan's college funds all lined up. Donate regularly to PATH. Set up and staff some type of refuge for abused/neglected/unwanted children of all ages. Travel to the Holy Land. Backpack in Europe. Ski the Swiss Alps with Jill - I will of course, pay her way!

4. Five places I have lived:

Sheridan, Wyoming
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Denver, Colorado
Evergreen, Colorado
Tyler, Texas

5. Five bad habits:

Scratching my head - but it feels SO good and even better when I can get my loving husband or five year old to do it for me!
Saying "what?" Even though I have lost about 80% of my hearing in my right ear...I still think I say it just out of habit.
I think I am a little bit OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of our home. Not sure if this a bad habit, but I am sure it drives my loving husband and oldest child nuts.
Eating sweets - and it being necessary after dinner - every day. If I could just kick that one bad habit, I bet I could finish loosing the baby weight from Logan!
Driving the car until it is literally on fumes, sucking in the sides. This has caught me on many occasions! Nothing worse than having to make that call: "Hi honey, ya busy? Cuz I need you and the gas can at the corner of..."

"TAG YOUR IT!"

1 comment:

aliandsander said...

It's hard to believe it was ten years ago!!! We did have some good times. I have never shopped like that since Boston. And I probably never will again!